Friday, November 12, 2010

Marinated Chicken wraps with roasted peppers and tomatoes

No picture: scarfed too fast to remember to play with photos.

Here's the recipe:

Assemble:
Romaine leaves spread with herbed chevre
Trader Joe's marinated chicken
Trader Joe's bottled roasted peppers (competitively priced to fresh!)
Roma Tomato; cut into strips
olive oil

Put chicken in a casserole dish in a 400F oven for 20 min.

Allow a fry pan to reach high heat, add olive oil then immediatly add tomato. After tomato chars a bit, add the drained bottle of roasted peppers and remove from heat.

Layer cooked chicken and veggies in equal quantities in romaine lettuce, leaving room for lettuce to wrap completely around.

Tuck bottom of lettuce wrap in, then wrap (like a burrito). Tie off with twine or use toothpick.

Was fun to make, considering I was mostly just assembling Trader Joe's delicious food. Was hopeful that the cheese would serve as a glue for wrap to self-contain, but no such luck.

Estimated cost: $3.40 a serving.

5 comments:

  1. I hate to say but I'm just not a big fan of chevre in general. I like a little crumbled on salads and on the occasional cheese plate but it isn't my thing. The chicken was good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad, Tami, I'll remember that for future meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. It's a foodie failure on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the other two, they were yummy strange. You know when foods are just on the edge of your palette, a little confusing and a little uncomfortable but still good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. bleh, my post didn't post.

    i enjoyed this combination of ingredients, probably a little more because i had a couple of slices of whole-wheat sourdough between which to sandwich them. and because the chicken and peppers were hot and fresh, the whole sandwich had a nice hot-cold thing going on.

    ReplyDelete