Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fajitas with sweet potato and onion

This evening's meal was a product of what I had in the kitchen, because I have exactly $0 till tomorrow afternoon.  The sweet potato was sort of a last-minute decision based on Matt's suggestion.  I'd never actually heard of putting sweet potato in a mexican-y dish, but I think they lend some texture and absorb the flavor well.  What are the flavors from, you might ask?  I'm not telling.  So this is my take on fajita filling... never mind that you guys won't be putting it in tortillas.

4 comments:

  1. The best kinds of meals are the ones that are happened upon in the kitchen for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the caramelized sweet potato a good deal, might have enjoyed a different texture (as all the included ingredients had a similar one). Lettuce, perhaps? Chicken was perfect, seasoning was unexpected but right on. Liked it, would eat again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good. I didn't really notice the sweet potato much so it must have been tasty fill. It was a little underspiced for me (yes I know, the spice wimp just said that). But I think that would be easy remedied with a colorful pepper which would add visual interest. Still though, tasty and hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good, I didn't even realize it had sweet potato. I should have tried wrapping it in lettuce.

    ReplyDelete